Environmental fate and behaviour of plant protection products (PPPs) and the environmental risk assessment (ERA) for biocides are a fundamental part of risk assessment and evaluation within the EU regulatory system.
Our Environmental Fate experts can provide our clients with full support including:
- Dossier preparation – assessing the risk for the various environmental compartments
- Scientific waivers/justification
- Ad-hoc technical documents for specific requirements.
- Study set up and monitoring of GLP Studies
We have experience of all relevant models, including:
- EUSES v.2.2
- SimpleTreat v4.0
- FOCUS models (Steps 1-2, SWASH, PELMO, PEARL)
- National authorisations:
- EVA/EXPOSIT and ESCAPE for Germany
- TOXSWA-NL and GeoPEARL for the Netherlands
- Higher-tier WEBFRAM and drift reduction (van de Zande) assessment for the UK
- MACRO groundwater models for Northern Europe
- FROGS for France,
When a potential risk is identified, higher tier approaches we can take include:
- the refinement of the input parameters used in the modelling (e.g. kinetic analysis with KinGui, use of leaching study results)
- the use of mitigation measures (e.g. application of vegetated buffer zones using FOCUS SWAN for PPPs and application in protected area for biocides)
- to customize the models for non-standard uses
- the performance of additional studies both standard and specifically designed (eg field soil dissipation, soil accumulation, leaching etc)
Our environmental chemists, agronomists and ecotoxicologists provide strong cross-disciplinary support for creating realistic models.