Following the French Decree No. 2014-128 of 14 February 2014 on toxicovigilance, the declaration to the French National Research and Safety Institute (INRS) became mandatory for all mixtures classified as dangerous according to the CLP Regulation, except those only classified for their environmental hazards.
According to this decree and to the French Decree No. 2016-196 of 25 February 2016, some deadlines between 1 April 2014 and 1 June 2022 are applicable, depending on the classification of the products.
As of 1 January 2019, all the products placed on the French market and classified as dangerous because of their effects on human health must be declared to INRS. For the mixtures already placed on the French market before 1 January 2019, the declaration will have to be submitted on 30 January 2019 at the latest.
- acute toxicity, category 4 (H302, H312, H332)
- skin irritation, category 2 (H315)
- eye irritation, category 2 (H319)
- specific target organ toxicity following single exposure, category 2 or 3 (H335, H336, H371)
- specific target organ toxicity following repeated exposure, category 2 (H373)
- aspiration toxicity, category 1 (H304)
- serious eye damage, category 1 (H318)
- reproductive toxicity, additional category : effects on or via lactation (H362)
As of 1 June 2022, all the products classified as dangerous because of their physical hazards must be declared. For the mixtures already placed on the French market before 1 June 2022, the declaration will have to be submitted on 30 June 2022 at the latest.
After this date, only the products classified as dangerous solely due to their environmental hazards will not mandatorily have to be declared.
However, as a reminder, all biocidal products must be declared to INRS regardless of their classification.