Commercial Assistant - Staphyt Regulatory Affairs
Staphyt’s Regulatory Affairs Division supports our clients in bringing plant protection, plant nutrition, biocide and REACH chemical products to the market. We help clients understand and address the EU & UK regulatory requirements for chemical or biological active substances and products.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, with good commercial and business awareness to support our Business Development (BD) Managers. The BD Managers are responsible for identifying and contacting new leads, negotiating new work and maintaining the client relationship from a commercial perspective.
The focus of this role is sales administration and duties will be varied. Full training will be provided.
Providing assistance to our team of BD Managers by:
- Researching new clients.
- Preparing and adapting company presentation, brochures, NDA and email contents from templates.
- Suggesting updates of commercial materials.
- Preparing draft quotes for small and routine fixed price work, under supervision.
- Following up with clients regarding decisions on low value quotes.
- Following up with colleagues who are providing input into quotes.
- Using the company tools and databases to ensure that commercial records relating to clients are kept up to date.
- Producing periodic management information relating to our client portfolio and sales progress.
- Ensuring that project managers are requesting invoices in accordance with the agreed timetable.
Skills and experience required:
- Good commercial awareness.
- Ability to quickly learn our company systems and procedures.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and autonomy.
- A desire to support others. You must be a good team player and have the confidence to interact with other team members at all levels and across various countries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (our business language is English)
- Experience of administration in a sales environment.
- If you are seeking progression within the business, a degree (or equivalent) in relevant scientific discipline is essential.
- A basic understanding and interest in regulatory affairs relating to plant protection, plant nutrition, biocide or REACH sectors.
This position will be office based and you will work from one of our main regulatory offices (UK - Wetherby or France - Lyon), where you can be trained and supported by colleagues. However, home working may be necessary initially due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information regarding this role please contact: email@example.com, or alternatively please submit your CV and a covering letter (both documents in English) to: Mélodie DUPARD at firstname.lastname@example.org.