Staphyt is a leading CRO and Regulatory Consultancy, primarily focusing on supporting our clients in bringing plant protection, plant nutrition, biocide and REACH chemical products to the market.
We are experts in helping clients understand and address the regulatory requirements for both standard chemical and biological active substances and products.
We are interested in building our capacity in ecotoxicology expertise and are looking for highly motivated and experienced candidates especially those experienced in the EU regulatory regime for Plant Protection Products (Reg. (EC) No. 1107/2009).
Main duties for this role:
- Drafting of the relevant sections of registration dossiers, including preparing study summaries and undertaking the risk assessment.
- Sub contracting and monitoring of studies on behalf of clients (involving project management of the studies, budget responsibilities, contact with clients).
- Working as part of a multiskilled project team, to develop robust documentation on behalf of the client.
- Providing strategic advice to clients and representing them in communication with Regulatory Authorities.
- Various other tasks related to the registration of plant protection products in Europe and the UK.
Skills and experience required:
- BSc degree (or equivalent i.e. completion of University studies of at least 3 years attested by diploma) in relevant scientific discipline.
- At least 5 years professional experience in regulatory ecotoxicology (e.g. from Government, Industry or Consultancy). Including experience in aquatic/terrestrial ecotoxicity testing, environmental risk assessment of regulated products and assessment of endocrine disrupting properties for non-target organisms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Ability to interpret data from studies in order to make appropriate scientific and regulatory conclusions and develop creative and practical solutions where possible.
- Be a team player with strong decision-making skills, and keen to work in an international business environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of the EU regulatory procedures for plant protection products is essential. Knowledge of the EU regulatory procedures for other chemicals (i.e. biocides and chemicals under REACH) would be beneficial.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering high quality work.
Our main regulatory offices are in the UK (Wetherby), France (Lyon) and Austria (Vienna). However, Staphyt as a whole has a wide geographical spread of offices and therefore can offer a wider variety of locations, including home working, in many EU countries or the UK.
A competitive remuneration package is available for the right candidate. For more information regarding this role please contact: email@example.com, or alternatively please submit your CV and a covering letter (both documents in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.