Senior Environmental Risk Assessor (Biocides)
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL RISK ASSESSOR (BIOCIDES) - PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME
LOCATION : EU or UK - home working possible
WORKING PATTERN : Full or part time.
Staphyt is a leading CRO and Regulatory Consultancy, primarily focusing on supporting our clients in bringing plant protection, plant nutrition, biocide and REACH chemical products to the market.
We are experts in helping clients understand and address the EU & UK regulatory requirements for both standard chemical and biological active substances and products. Our main regulatory offices are in the UK (Wetherby), France (Lyon) and Austria (Vienna). However, Staphyt as a whole has a wide geographical spread of offices and therefore can offer a wider variety of locations, including home working, in many EU countries or the UK.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual, with strong previous experience in Environmental Risk Assessment for Biocidal Products, to join our Regulatory Affairs team. We welcome applications from those seeking a part-time or full time role.
Main duties :
- Environmental Data Gap Analysis (DGA) for biocidal products
- Present argumentation for waiving of certain environmental studies (environmental fate and ecotoxicology) where it is possible.
- Design and study monitoring for appropriate environmental fate and ecotoxicology studies (involving management of the studies delivered through CROs, budget responsibilities, contact with clients).
- Drafting of the relevant environment sections of registration dossiers, including preparing study summaries and undertaking the environmental risk assessment (ERA), including appropriate environmental fate modelling and higher tier refinements.
- Working as part of a multi-skilled project team, to develop robust documentation on behalf of the client.
- Providing strategic advice to clients and representing them in communication with Regulatory Authorities.
- Various other tasks related to the registration of biocidal products in Europe and the UK.
- Undertaking quality review of other team member’s work and providing leadership and training for other team members.
Skills and experience required :
- Relevant scientific degree.
- At least 5 years experience in Biocidal Products Environmental Risk Assessment (Reg. EU) 528/2012), ideally gained as consultant or within industry.
- Experience with relevant exposure models (e.g. Chesar, EUSES, FOCUSgw)
- Ability to understand and accurately interpret data from studies in order to make appropriate scientific and regulatory conclusions and develop creative and practical solutions where possible.
- Team player with strong decision-making and supervisory skills, keen to work in an international business environment.
- Experience in study monitoring.
- Ability to work independently.
- Have a good attention to detail and ability to review others' work with tact and diplomacy, in order to support learning and development.
- Be a good communicator.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Experience or ability to manage people
- Experience with R4BP and IUCLID6
This position can be office or home based. Staphyt is present in many European countries. Competitive salary (negotiable).
For more information regarding this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively please submit your CV and a covering letter (both documents in English) to: Mélodie DUPARD at email@example.com.