Regulatory Manager - Biocides
Regulatory Manager - Biocides
Staphyt’s Regulatory Affairs Division supports our clients in bringing plant protection, plant
nutrition, biocide and REACH chemical products and substances to the market. We help clients
understand and address the EU & GB regulatory requirements for chemical or biological active
substances and products.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our well-established
and expanding Biocides Team.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality and cost effective services to clients, by providing
regulatory consultancy and delivering the client’s regulatory objectives through efficient project
management. A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory requirements and process to get
biocidal active substances and products approved in the EU (and UK) is essential.
You will work closely with the Biocides Team Leader, Regulatory Managers and Scientific Experts
Teams. A joined up and consistent approach is needed across all areas of expertise, so proactive
communication and strong team working skills are essential.
Main duties :
- Preparation of Data Gap Analyses (DGA) for BPR active substance and product dossiers,
preparation and submission of BPR dossiers, application of national registrations under
transitional period arrangements
- Providing strategic advice to clients and representing them in communication with
- Managing major regulatory projects (active substance and product related) and
coordinating a multi-skilled project team, to develop robust documentation on behalf of the
- Various other tasks related to the registration of biocidal products in Europe and the UK
Skills and experience required :
- Relevant scientific degree
- At least 5 years experience in the Biocides sector of the EU regulatory regime, preferably
gained within industry
- Ability to understand and accurately interpret regulatory requirements in order to make
appropriate scientific and regulatory conclusions and provide advice and strategy to clients
- Strong knowledge of the biocide (BPR) regulation, and processes
- An awareness of the emerging UK regulatory regime (GB BPR)
- Have a proven track record of building successful relationships with clients in this sector, and also with regulatory authorities
- Good command of key tools (IUCLID, R4BP, SPC Editor)
- Be independent and self motivated, able to work effectively remotely but also integrate closely as part of the geographically dispersed team
- Team player with strong decision-making skills, and keen to work in an international business environment
- Have good attention to detail
- Ability to work in partnership with clients, as well as CROs and other 3rd party suppliers
- Be a good communicator
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of other regulatory frameworks (Detergents, cosmetics...)
This position can be office or home based. Staphyt is present in many European countries.
Competitive salary (negotiable)