SENIOR ECOTOXICOLOGIST - STAPHYT REGULATORY AFFAIRS
LOCATION : Europe - Flexible - home working is possible
Staphyt’s Regulatory Affairs Division supports our clients in bringing plant protection, plant nutrition, biocide and REACH chemical products to the market. We help clients understand and address the EU & GB regulatory requirements for chemical or biological active substances and products.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, to join our multinational Environment Team for Plant Protection Products (PPP). Ideally, you will have a strong background in PPP ecotoxicological risk assessments and study monitoring, plus proven track record in staff management.
The Senior Ecotoxicologist will work closely with the Environment Team Leader and will be manager in line of 1 or 2 ecotoxicologists. She/he will be responsible for delivery of ecotoxicology work, contributing to development of the team's skills and work scheduling.
The Ecotoxicology team is responsible for performing the environmental risk assessment for PPPs according to the proposed GAP. You will need to work closely alongside our wider Plant Protection Team, or directly with the client’s team, who are responsible for the full dossier. A joined up and consistent approach is needed across all areas of expertise, so proactive communication and strong team working skills are essential.
Main duties :
- Data Gap Analysis (DGA) for PPP active substances (including early phase testing strategy and DGA for biologicals and pheromones).
- Present argumentation for waiving of certain studies where it is possible.
- Design and study monitor appropriate laboratory and field ecotoxicology studies (involving management of the studies delivered through CROs, budget responsibilities, contact with clients).
- Drafting of the relevant sections of registration dossiers, including preparing study summaries and undertaking the risk assessment, including higher tier refinements.
- Working as part of a multi-skilled project team, to develop robust documentation on behalf of the client.
- Providing strategic advice to clients and representing them in communication with Regulatory Authorities.
- Various other tasks related to the registration of plant protection products in Europe and the UK.
- Appropriate peer review of other team member’s work and provide leadership and training for more junior ecotoxicologists in the team.
Skills and experience required :
- Relevant scientific degree.
- At least 5 years experience in PPP regulatory ecotoxicology in the EU or GB regulatory regime (Reg. (EC) No. 1107/2009), either gained as consultant or regulator, or within industry.
- Ability to understand and accurately interpret data from studies in order to make appropriate scientific and regulatory conclusions and develop creative and practical solutions where possible.
- Team player with strong decision-making skills, and keen to work in an international business environment.
- Experience in study monitoring including higher tier studies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Have a good attention to detail.
- Be a good communicator.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Experience or ability to manage people.
This position can be office or home based. Staphyt is present in many European countries. Competitive salary (negotiable).
For more information regarding this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively please submit your CV and a covering letter (both documents in English) to: Mélodie DUPARD at email@example.com.