The offer has been filled.
Staphyt is an independent agricultural research organisation, supporting sustainable and profitable agriculture through science. We provide a range of independent research, development and related technical services to agribusiness clients, including new product development for agricultural inputs, field residue trials, plant pathology research, laboratory diagnostics, crop variety trials and cooperative research work.
We are looking for experienced individuals to work on a full-time basis at our Bundaberg office
Primary duties include:
- Conducting residue and efficacy field trials, with tasks including spraying, sampling and harvesting of various crops
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Maintain strong working relationships with growers and industry to access suitable field trial sites
The key attributes required for this position:
- Sound agronomic knowledge of varying agricultural production systems
- Strong rural network and relationships
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptability, dependability and an interest in self-improvement and training
The successful applicant must have a degree in agricultural science or a related field. Demonstrated agricultural experience and strong computer skills are essential, as is the applicant’s ability to work alone and in a team environment. To qualify for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.