On May 19, 2020, Staphyt extended its seed experimentation network in France with the acquisition of the Burgundy experimentation station from the French company Héliantis Expérimentations, specializing in the implementation of varietal platforms.
The site is located in the agricultural centre of Dijon metropolis, Agronov. The technical team and the network of farmer partners remain in place. The main crop species worked are wheat, rapeseed, grain corn and fodder, sorghum, soybeans and sunflowers.
This acquisition will increase Staphyt’s varietal experimentation capabilities in all French production areas.
The Staphyt seeds service now has 5 seeds stations in France:
- Inchy en Artois (62) Hauts de France and Champagne-Ardennes regions
- Janzé (35) : Britany- Normandy
- Dame Marie les Bois (37) : Centre – Val de Loire
- Villemur sur Tarn (31) : South west
- Dijon (21) : Burgundy and Franche Comté